Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Semana Santa

I´m Back in Bogota now. I wasn´t having much fun down in the jungle because of the bad news I had about my friend. I also discovered that in my absence the palace had been broken into and my laptop stolen. So I was angry as well. I had a mental image of myself floating down the Amazon in a foul temper, glowering on a boat, cursing the dolphins and the anacondas. I think it defeats the point of messing about on the river if you´re trapped in a muttering rage and annoyed by trees and monkeys.

Thankfully, I got what I went for, which was a free three-month tourist visa. The man from the DAS (department of security administration) seemed a bit suspicious of me and asked lots of questions, to which I replied "what? sorry? I don´t understand." It seemed to do the trick, as he gave up asking me what I was doing in Bogota and gave me the maximum amount of time - out of sympathy, I think.

So now a quiet Easter week in Bogota beckons. The city is beginning to clear out at the moment, so it will be a nice relaxing place to be for a few days.

No comments: