Sunday, January 29, 2006

Some random photos

I don´t know in what order this will appear when the blog is published, so bear with me if the captions are confused. The first (I think) is the great pyramid at Cobá. Then there are some Japs in Hats at Chichen Itza.
These are Mayan hawkers at Chichen Itza. It´s so easy to recognise their faces from the statues and carvings, they have such a distinct look. Next is the store house at the Hacienda, that sent my tour guide into fits of righteous indignation about his bank.

Then there is the grand owner´s home. It´s now a museum. Finally my friends, the leafcutters. You can see in the second picture how one of the ants got stuck, so a third (who seemed to be acting as some sort of foreman) rushed up to help him.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"And now, for something of enormous interest"

'ere - that's not Miss Fosdyke!

Carry on George