Thursday, January 26, 2006

Tulum pictures

Right, here are some pictures from Tulum, in no particular order. The first is a general shot of the ruins of the ancient city. The next I couldn´t resist; why do they always wash up on beaches? I have never been to the seaside without seeing a macabre dismembered doll.


The next is the ruins as seen from the beach, which is just behind and below the first picture. (Hand on heart, I already had the shot lined up when that girl appeared and struck a pose in the foreground.) The next is me in the hammock. This was the only occasion I fell out. I had the camera on self timer - the picture captures the split-second of equilibrium before I toppled out the other side.


Below is my cabin. The first was taken just before the storm came in. You can see how black the sky is. The second is in more clement weather. Mine was number nine.

Finally, I couldn´t resist getting a shot of these birds on the seashore.

No comments: